This important documentary explores the decade long war in Afghanistan. It was produced as part of Hizb ut Tahrir Australia’s recent campaign on the decade anniversary of the war. It is high time for a honest and rigorous assessment of this war and, in the Australian context, continued involvement in it. The politicians, from both sides, have regurgitated the same platitudes, built on false narratives, for ten years, as more soldiers have died, more civilians have perished and more of Afghanistan has been destroyed.
The documentary covers the following topics:
- Australian blood for an American war?
- An unjust invasion of another nation
- The shifting objectives of a failing endeavour
- Oppression begets consequences
- 29 troops dead…how many more to come?